The Best SEO strategies step by step to follow:
Step 1. Find an “Opportunity Keyword”: You can find keywords using various keyword tools such as Google Keyword Explorer, Ahrefs Keyword Planner, SEMrush, KWfinder, Moz Keyword Explorer, etc.
There are other ways to find keywords such as Quora, Reddit, etc. as people are very much active on these forums. Here you can understand how people are talking about your niche topic and you can get the best keywords, your competitors are using.
STEP 2. Analyze Google’s First Page: Once you know the keyword, now write your keyword in the Google Search engine and analyze the top 10 results of the first page and try to analyze the pattern.
Step 3. Create Something Different… Or Better: You have 2 options
Either create a better content or different content.
Only this concept can make you stand out of the competition.
As a better and different content is a lot more straightforward. All you need to do is find out what’s working…
…and publish something WAY better.
The content you write must contain at least 1800 words.
Step 4. Optimize For On-Page SEO: The major on-page SEO activities include
- Title (most important element from SEO point of view): The length of the title includes 60 to 70 characters or 600-pixel width on desktop. You can also use SEO mofo a free tool to count character of title.
- Meta Description: The meta description should not exceed 155 characters in regular writing. It must include all the relevant keyword family. For local businesses, location addition is a must. You can also add USP.
- Canonical Tag: Using canonical tags help Google to know which page to prefer as a primary content source. It important as well as mandatory to avoid internal duplicacy.
- Social Media Meta Tag: This includes-
Facebook- Og: Opengraph
Twitter – Twitter:
- Heading Tags: There are 6 types of Heading Tags according to HTML such as main heading should be h1 and subheadings include h2, h3, h4, h5, and h6.
- Use a Focus keyword at the beginning of your Title.
- Short, Static, and Clear URL: The URL should be short, static, and readable.
- Optimize images with proper alt text and load time.
- Anchor Tag Optimization: Paste the links on the relevant words or phrases that brings readers down to a different section of the page as opposed to another webpage. You’re essentially creating a unique URL within the same page when you use this tag.
- Robot Meta Tags: Robots meta Tags are pieces of code that provide crawlers instructions for how to crawl or index web page content.
Step 5. Add a Hook: You can add a hook by performing various off-page SEO activities which helps you to get lots of backlinks and branding in return.
- The off-page SEO activities are
- Guest Posting
- Social Bookmarking
- Classified Ads
- Press release
- PDF submission
- Directory submission
- Forums submission
- E-book creation
- Video submission
- social networking
Step 6. Optimize For User Intent:
- Make sure your webpages take 3 seconds to load
- Your webpages or site should be mobile-friendly
Step 7. Improve and Update Your Content: Keep improving and updating your existing content along with uploading new fresh content to gain better visibility on search engines.